(February 2020- )
Subject to the conditions below, the Manufacturer guarantees that the products manufactured by it (“Doors”) will be free of defects that would render them unserviceable for the use for which they are intended and to be of good quality and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of shipment by the Manufacturer (“Guarantee Period”).
If a fault covered by the Guarantee occurs during the Guarantee Period, the Manufacturer will, in its sole discretion repair or replace the Door free of charge, unfinished and in the form as originally supplied.
The Manufacturer reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Door with parts of similar quality, grade, and composition where an identical part is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
The Manufacturer is not liable under this Guarantee to reimburse the Purchaser for repairs or replacements of Doors undertaken without the prior written consent of the Manufacturer.
The Manufacturer is not liable under this Guarantee to reimburse the Purchaser for repairs or replacement of Doors sold prior to February 2020.
CLAIMS UNDER GUARANTEE
In order to claim under this Guarantee, the following conditions apply:
- Doors must have been inspected on receipt for visible defects
- Doors must have been accorded reasonable treatment by the Purchaser and must have been stored flat in dry buildings – not hung in damp or freshly plastered areas.
- The door cannot have been left unsealed for longer than two weeks from reception of shipment by the purchaser.
- Immediately after fitting and prior to hanging, the entire Door, including the top and bottom edges, must have received two (2) coats of paint, varnish or sealer to prevent undue changes to the moisture content within the Door. Semi-solid and Solid Core Doors should only be painted in flat, semi-gloss or satin finishes.
- Exterior Doors must have been finished with light reflective, exterior finish colours.
- Through out the Guarantee Period Doors must have been maintained so as to prevent deterioration from normal weather conditions.
- All solid construction Doors must have been hung with a minimum of three (3) 100mm hinges.
- The utility or structural strength of the Door must not have been impaired in the fitting of the Door, the application of the hardware or cutting and or altering the door or face veneer or any special details.
- The moisture content of the timber of the Doors must not fall below 12% or exceeds 18%.
This Guarantee does not apply where:
- Doors become defective through failure to follow these recommendations or for hazards of shipment or storage, after the Doors leave control of the manufacturer.
- There is a natural variation in the colour and texture of the timber (See Note below).
- There is a normal show through of frame and core components in flush Doors.
- There is a twist or bow not exceeding 5mm on Doors up to 2100 x 900 x 35mm or 6mm for Doors up to 2340 x 1020 x 35mm. Doors exceeding 2340 in height or 1020 in width are not guaranteed against twist or bow.
- There is shrinkage or splitting of frame members or panels in solid joinery due to atmospheric conditions.
- The Doors have been ordered with external edge strips.
- Joinery and Lining Board Doors are not covered by this or any warranty unless specifically agreed to between Speciality Doors and the Purchaser.
- Exterior Doors have been finished in dark colours.
- The alleged defect is an incorrect door number or caused by an incorrect door number written on the Door by the Manufacturer.
- The alleged defect was caused in transit by a common carrier.
NOTE: Timber is a natural product, and as such, climactic conditions can result in dimensional changes and colour variations to components. Reactions to environmental changes are outside of the Manufacturer’s control and are not covered by this Guarantee. Further note that external edge strips on doors will shrink and cause paint to crack.
This Guarantee does not cover accidental glass breakage or general wear and tear.
This Guarantee does not extend to painting and installation costs.
If a fault covered by the Guarantee occurs, the Purchaser must notify the Manufacturer in writing of the defect, the date and the place of service within seven (7) days of such defects being detected, and in any event, within the Guarantee Period. Claims should be sent by certified mail to: Speciailty Doors at 8 Overseas Drive, Noble Park, Victoria, 3174.
Any claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase;
- full details of the alleged defect; and
- appropriate documentation, if any (such as installation and/or sealant records).
The Purchaser must allow the Manufacturer or its representative (which may be a representative of the retailer) access to the Door for inspection. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Door, or finds that the Doors have not been stored, installed or maintained in accordance with the Manufacturer’s recommendations, then the Purchaser must pay for the Manufacturer’s usual call out and service costs.
The Manufacturer makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this Guarantee.
The repair or replacement of the door or part of the door is the absolute limit of the Manufacturer’s liability under this express warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.